Skip to content

General

Help us improve by sharing ideas and voting for the best ones or entering bugs so we can track and fix them.

General

Categories

442 results found

1. As far as I know you do not get an email when a new player joins a game or when a player drops one.

It is true that you get that on the game info page under game events at the bottom but I think it will be useful too to get an email every time there is is an entrance on the game events.

Basically let´s say you are one of the first to do you turn and you do not go back to the game until you get the email regarding the new turn, it could take a…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Implementa voting to allow for a pause a game for a short number of turns. Criteria would be 80% majority based upon military score for a military score game, or planets owned for a planet victory game.

Player proposing holiday mode would be able to do the following;
    Propose turn/date pause will begin,
    Propose turn/date pause will end
    Can propose 1 - 7 days or 1 - 3 turns
    Voting will be open for either 7 days, until the measure passes/fails, or when the proposed holiday start time has begun.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Making request for official 2v2 Blitz format.

Some people have said that this is not needed because you can just create your own custom game, but here's why that's not true:

Reasons why an official 2v2 Blitz format is needed:

• You can't create publicly listed games with < 8 players. Thus, 2v2 Blitz games can't be advertised well and will be hard to get started.

• Setting up a map with the right settings so that you get the right starting locations is a non-trivial task. I've already tried half a dozen times by fiddling with the map creation settings, but…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There are known to be a few holes left in the Tenacity system. I've found one, and this thread discusses a possible solution to it. Comments on this suggestion are requested.

Problem: Users with little or no experience are entering games intended for experienced users, then resigning or being dropped. This unbalances the game for the remaining players. I know that this has happened with Team games (see http://planets.nu/#/sector/185114 for an example - 5 players dropped in a 12-player game), and I expect it has caused problems with other games.

Possible solution: Instead of starting new players with 100% Tenacity,…

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It will be good to see beside the military power, planets and data statistics on the game page the :

• destroyed enemy tonage
    • lost own tonage
    • defences destroyed
    • own planetary defences lost -ships donated/received from other races

one can see if true glory of a race even if it destroyed at least that race fought or was a supporting race.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It is not possible to simulate fights against a RU30 gunboat with campaign features.
    Please implement that feature in the simulator.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. After the discussion at http://planets.nu/discussion/left-right-combat I've decided to post it as a suggestion.

The "problems" with left/right combat right now are
    a) left/right being controlled by friendly code prevents the tactical use of friendly code to control battle order
    b) in carrier vs carrier fights the left side (or non-aggressive side) is the advantage, so it is in both players best interest to not initiate a fight at all.

This solution may not be perfect, but it doesn't interfere with the current value of building any ship. what i mean is that from what i can tell there is no…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I don't see a ticket for Ace Rimmer's suggestion, so here's me adding one:

Lone Wolf format: adding this type of game into to the regular game system and game hosting by allowing the "Lone Wolf" type of game to outlaw Diplomacy, "gsx" friendly codes and maybe even the force surrender starbase mission making it impossible for races to work together. Only posting on the public game feed would be allowed.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently if you receive an in game message from another player you also receive a notification by email. However it is currently not possible to reply to that email - instead you have to log into the game and use the in game message interface, which is frustrating.

There are several reasons why being able to reply by email is preferable:
    1) You may be at work and your boss may not be happy with you playing games.
    2) You may be out with your mobile phone, and loading the game takes 20MB of 3G/4G data, plus is slow to…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The Design Your Own Game is great. I would like to see 2 additions:

1. Where it asks you which player you are, you should be allowed to say "not playing" or "moderator." This will allow people to set up challenge matches for other players.

2. Allow different % to win besides 50%. 50% is not a good goal for a 2-Player game. 60%, 67%, 70%, and 75% would be nice.

If you add these 2 items, we could have 2-player matches with impartial moderators.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give one vote for this UserVoice docket if you support any Races name being changed.

You can also participate in this thread at Planets.Nu; http://planets.nu/#/activity/3272575

Related UserVoice docket for allowing personal renaming of the Races; https://planets.uservoice.com/forums/136520-general/suggestions/2330199-race-name-change

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello,

How about integrating foreign cash and torpedo transfers into the the cargo transfer interface like all other items as well?

Somehow the btt and btm friendly codes feel added / unhandy for the gameplay - And although i consider myself as a pretty conservative player i don't see any negative effects on the gameplay or the balance of powers.

Rather the opposite: Allied gaming would become much more intuitive and easier to understand and would allow precise strategies instead of random distribution.

Of course the fcodes can stay active (for e.g. superspy) and moneydrop on uncolonized planets inactive in…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have default subscribed 'Forums', of which you can also unsubscribe from, and the rest require choosing to subscribe to them... specifically Off-Topic.

Please clean out 'garbage' forums like 'Halion' and 'Larrys chess club'

[Reddit Forum exists] https://www.reddit.com/r/PlanetsNu/

[Request invite from Olegboleg to join Slack] https://planetsnu.slack.com/

[Script to remove Activity Feed from side of profile] https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/21509-planets-nu-feedblock-script

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sadly I think the time has come to crack down on those creating multiple accounts in order to disadvantage honest players.

The reputation of your system is being damaged by activities like this and I urge you to investigate and take some sort of action to protect the game we love.

I've loved this game for over 20 years, and invested considerable time into promoting it and helping newcomers. I was delighted to rediscover it recently through nu, and although as a new account I was offered a midshipman slot in a MvM game, I declined because I didn't feel…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would give certain posters to the forum feedback and might reduce spam/personal attacks/irrelevant threads/trolling etc.
    By voting with dislike, the disliked topic should not again go to the top of the page however.
    An additional add on which would even help to clear the forum from spams etc. would be to move down a thread if the like/dislike balance is too much shifted to the dislike (and else, move the topic more up, if there are more likes).

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add bitcoin as a payment method for premium access, for those that don't like paypal.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. They are steep and offer unfair advantages to the paying player. This is more than likely to ward off players. Not to mention the greedy and dishonorable image this gives you.
    It's a lowtech game and adding up what people pay over the course of the years seems unjustified compared to regular games (Civilization etc.) which come with support online matches.

If properly marketed, lower fees will reap a better influx of new players who might even stay and play when they have no money IF you could think of something different than capping their tech levels.

Check out www.artificialgaming.net

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Chrome and Firefox both bitch at you now if you enter passwords or any other sensitive information over a non-secure website. LetsEncrypt and others offer free, valid SSL certificates.

Can you consider securing planets.nu and go https :)

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Or at least 9,999 Ships at least as addition of Horwasp already laid foundation for that amount.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?