Skip to content

General

Help us improve by sharing ideas and voting for the best ones or entering bugs so we can track and fix them.

General

Categories

304 results found

1. Many would argue that the single biggest problem with VGA Planets is and always has been dropouts. Nu has somewhat helped this problem by allowing higher-ranking players to join more exclusive games which theoretically should have fewer dropouts; nonetheless even officers' games still have far too many dropouts.

Not to toot my own horn, but over my entire 20-year VGA Planets career, I have never once resigned a game and have never once even missed a turn (except in circumstances where there were transmission problems or miscommunications when this was a pbem game - nonetheless I've never resigned or missed…

177 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like to see games like in the old DOS VGAPlanets V3.

The ones that had different starting scenerios such as:

1. Wandering Tribes – Players start with 6 Super Transports at a predetermined location (Host configured) These Ships contain Colonists, Minerals, and Supplies (No Money) (Don’t remember specifics on ratios but I would say 3 Ships of Colonists 2 Ships with Minerals and 1 ship of supplies) ​*only drawback is Borg will have a significant Advantage due to Limited Colonists

2. Ashes of the old Empire – 1 Major Empire and all others are trying to take it down.

3. Crazy…

162 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are now settings available on the game design page that should support all these scenarios, or something very similar to them. They are currently only available in private games, but we plan to introduce some public games with them in the future.

- BB

3. Please implement the possible fix described in detail by Joshua in the third post on this page:

http://planets.nu/discussion/fighters-not-launching-after-first-wave

partial quote: "we could simply add another 1000 values or whatever to the 119 to make this all much more smooth and prevent this kind of weird thing. So we could certainly "fix" it."

Given the rather common adverse affect this has on low-bay carriers, I would like to see this change implemented.

158 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow you to preplan a ship's movement several turns in advance by using waypoints. The ship would only move this turn up to the first waypoint but if I don't change the ships move orders it would move to the second waypoint the next turn.

This could be implemented by using the shift key. If I click shift and somewhere on the map that is a first waypoint, and if I click shift and a second place on the map that is a second waypoint, etc. Clicking anywhere on the map without using the shift key sets a new 1-turn…

135 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be really great to be able to ignore certain people's posts in the activity feed, and to hide certain threads when they are no longer interesting. This would really help to keep information that one person finds relevant visible in the activity feed, instead of disappearing off the page. It would also cut down on the anger and insults that some tend to throw at each other (ecv bats eyelashes) when their posts are excessive and/or irritating.

131 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added an ignore option for posts and comments. While this is not as broad as some of the suggestions, we think it is sufficient for the bulk of cases. We can revisit this if it proves more extensive filtering is needed, but there are some downsides to expanding blocking as well, so hopefully we won’t need to.

- BB.

6. I would like to set each race to a different color instead of just allies and foes and have Nu automatically modify a ship/planet's color when it changes hands.

Also, Please expand the color choices in the notes to 64 colors.

111 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to see an optional game where we get no intel on the other races activities except for what we learn in game.

This would mean the following would be hidden from all players:
    military score.
    planet count
    ship count
    starbase count
    player ranking in the game

The ship limit would still apply, you just wouldn't know when it would come. You also wouldn't know an opponents military strength except by in game intel, such as explosion reports you get in game. This would also boost the usefulness of the intelligence edge that the birds and empire get(especially…

102 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Once you send a message it cannot be seen.
    Messages that you receive are stored but can only be retrieved by using the Time Machine.
    Solution could be to add another button on the Dashboard, called "Mailbox", that stores all your sent and received messages.

100 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As it is implemented with the Lay Mines mission, it would be very useful to have the same kind of pre-visualization of the enemy minefields where your ships are performing Mine Sweep.

87 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been completed, thanks to Big Beefer’s Minesweep preview script to get a great start. The official version also includes colonies fighter sweeping, mine scoop and starbase minesweeping (for upcoming campaign games).

10. Have the ability to view your contents in a spreadsheet style screen. This would be in game and not an export. It would probably replace the ships, planets and starbases screens on the dashboard.
    i.e.
    All your planets list in one scrolling screen. Across the top you have column headings such as ID, Friendly Code, Tax Rate, Happy value Mineral amounts, MC, supplies etc. etc etc.
    You can then sort on each column, allowing you to bring that item into sorted order.
    This would have many uses/advantages
    i.e.
    Sort planets by MC to see where you have spare cash
    Sort…

85 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Votes are now freed up. Notes views for planets and starbases are being added. If you have some specific requests for future views and features feel free to open a new specific suggestion.

11. Me and others have proposed this a few times before ( http://planets.nu/discussion/ship-movement-history-for-active-ship) and I'll give it another try here ;-)

This is not exactly the same as the fast time machine suggestion (which I also support) but would be a much faster way to immediately remember what you were up to with a given ship.

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been modified to be a toggle button on your ship in the movement section. Will show the entire movement history back to June 8th, 2012. (or beginning of game).

12. You should be able to draw circles in the client. There is a HYP circle, why is there not an 81 and 162 ly circle option? Who DOESN'T set waypoints in space to confuse onlookers, based on where you start and what you can reach subsequently? I understand that all the persistent flags and lines and circles from VPA would be a large undertaking, but this feels like a no-brainer as a stopgap solution.

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Released to all. You may use your votes again! If the Range Circle solution doesn’t meet exactly what you were looking for feel free to open up a new suggestion which is very specific.

13. I would be great if the scoreboard (data page) showed change from last turn so I would not need to keep a spread sheet for this info so I can see the changes.

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow gameser selects their race to NOT have Horwasp

Currently, if a game allows players to select their race, they may select the Horwasp, even though the Horwasp are only in Alpha. There should be a game creation flag to not allow the player to select Horwasp. This should default to not allowing the Horwasp.

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. i can't understand why we don't see mine kills when they explode

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ships for combat you are involved with will now also show up with explosions (and messages) for all games.

For future games created after 6/8/2012 explosions in minefields and ion storms will be visible to all players. Note: This is a game change from standard host 3.xx and has been made a host optional setting. It will be on by default unless we determine in the future that it affects games in a negative way.

16. Right now when we're building ships, it often results in jumping back to the planet trade window or other screen where we can convert supplies to credits to pay for construction. Why not have that on the same page?

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Suggest the following friendly codes:

nat - No Alchemy Tritanium (This FC only makes Dur / Moly)
    nam - No Alchemy Moly (This FC only makes Tri / Dur)
    nad - No Alchemy Dur (This FC only makes Tri / Moly)

With these 3 friendly codes added, you can now have 100% control of what mineral you produce, only one of each, all of them, or only 2 of the 3.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would love to be able to visualise Natives and Colonists like we can visualise minerals on the Starmap

http://planets.nu/discussion/map-tools-natives-population

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Back to the Planets roots and for the Player who not want jump deep into the game of words (diplomacy) to conquer only with multi race tech. Real 0 ally games was even a long time state of the art in Planets. There are much more reasons to ask why this option is not already available since the Planets nu start! :)

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If I've seen an enemy ship in combat at some point, when I click on that ship in the future on the star map, I should see a list of its armament as it was last known to me.

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?