Skip to content

General

Help us improve by sharing ideas and voting for the best ones or entering bugs so we can track and fix them.

General

Categories

304 results found

1. In order to facilitate smaller games, Private Conquest should have an option to specify ship limit. A limit range of 1-500 is probably easy to implement and would help a lot.

Also: Change the HW distribution algorithm to be more tolerant of smaller maps. Currently 5 HWs require a 1000 x 1000 map and 7 HWs require 1250 x 1250, anything smaller throws an exception.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. My game has ended:

Your VGA Planets game 47505: Gotti's Hideout Sector has ended. You finished in 1st place. Congratulations on surviving to the end of the game! Your historical achievement points and bonus experience have been awarded.

My Klingon achievements are now at 634.
    This are nearly the same as before this last turn.

But I destroyed a lot of mass and conquered 30 planets in the last turn and I ended with 190 planets. 190 * 4 (first place in alliance victory) = 760. So 634 ist definitly wrong. I also heared from other players that end game…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Due to recent incidents, it appears to be very easy to accidentally delete an account when updating the profile, especially when handling library assets.

While recreating an account itself isn't that difficult, it comes with a variety of problems. I'm aware of the following:
    * A duplicate officer may get created when recreating the account. I and one other player on the forum are currently affected by this.
    * The save API keys desync, causing errors like what 'tom n' has suffered
    * Potential problem, related to one above: What if the two officers (of the same race) are Midshipman…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I guess there's a bug in the historical achievement points.

I have now played and ended 2 games, Azores Sector and Sinatra's Keep Sector. I won both of the games as number 1.

If the eqaution for achievement points is true I should receive for my victories:

of planets * 5 or 4 achievement points * (number of turns played / 50)

1. Azores Sector I won as nr. 1 in a 2 player alliance. I had 176 planets and the game ended in 34 turns.
      So that should give me: 1764(34/50) = 478 H.

2. Sinatra's Keep Sector I…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 51006: Banshee's Planet
    SectorCreated: 11/22/2012 12:06:09 AM
    Playing as: The Cyborg

The problem is when I go to the starbase and make a ship. I buy all the parts and select build. when i exit the building screen I get an error and the game goes in to Read Only mode.

The error message is "A data validation error has occured. This is most likely caused by a disconnection or failed save. You will need to reload your turn to prevent any data from being corrupted"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now fixed. Thanks for the detail Ecatoncheires.

The problem was caused when you already had more beams, engines or launchers than you needed for the current ship you were building. It was trying to actually add resources back and thus causing a data validation error.

6. This is a request for checking the current implementation since I'm not sure if it is correct.

If a ship travels through enemy webs and while the global FC of the crystal webs is known and set on the ship (i.e. Crystal-global-FC == ship FC) then the ship loses fuel.

Donovans says that it should not lose fuel:
    http://www.donovansvgap.com/help/minefields.htm

It says there:
    Web mines do not drain fuel from ships with matching friendly codes, and (web)minefields cannot be swept by ships matching the field's friendly code.

See also this discussion:
    http://planets.nu/discussion/global-minefield-fc-and-webs-and-fuel-drain

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. What happened with the Explore Map feature? the site used to have some of them generated in the normal game que's but I haven't seen them around and am interested in playing one of those games.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Now that we have large 30 player melee games. I recommend we have large faction team games. 3 players of each race playing together in the game. For example, there would be three Robot players playing against three players of all the other races. Winner is whichever race "dominates" the match. There can only be one race to win.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The developer application for "ship prediction" would make a great addition to the new site. I especially like how it shows how many torps or fighters my ship will have next turn.

See picture at:

http://planets.nu/discussion/add-the-ship-predictor-add-on-to-the-new-site

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Race 1 gets safe passage from race 2.

Race 1 gives intel sharing to race 3.

Now race 3 can see all minefield Friendly codes for Race 2 which should not happen.

Suggestion: change safe passage to not give out mine field friendly codes since there is no need as you cannot hit a mine anyway.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When I try to move any of the 12 ships in orbit around p#480 the game crashes. I get the "Oh Snap" screen in Chrome and unresponsive script errors in Firefox.

Also, s#316 has been stuck in orbit around p#265 for 5 turns, even though a way point has been set. Oddly enough, it is in a radiation belt and no crew is dying.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mu bug is like this: http://planets.uservoice.com/forums/136520-general/suggestions/3200525-bug-can-t-build-starbases-disconnect-error
    Game: 2466: Alioth Sector
    From al least turn 135 and until now.
    Planet 32: Vendor
    Every time I try to build a SB, I get disconnected.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The map tool entitled "Toggle Range" worked fine for me until I transitioned over to play.planets.nu. I enjoy almost every feature of the new interface (especially ship creation). Is there something I need to do to activate this map tool?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When reading reports, I like the link to the object (described in the report) on the starmap, but the tiny circle indicator only pops up for about a half second, then disappears. Maybe I'm getting old, but why not have that temporary indicator stay lit for a full second or two? Right now I find myself having to zoom in and click the report link several times to verify which planet the message is referring to.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cloacked storm-carrier added 2 bays and its figthers to supported ship combat at the same spot as expected.
    But, with 2 very important bugs:

1st- Two combats occured with the supported ship involved, at the second combat, the extra figthers where added again over the already added on the 1st battle. so they were doubled!

2nd- After combat these figthers where truly added to the supported ship cargo, and the storm-carrier still keeped there. So with 2 combats i have winned 120 extra figthers!!!

Joshua, please review
    http://play.planets.nu/#/sector/49055
    ship id492 is the supported ship
    This happened in host from T39-->T40

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I don't think it would be hard to simply add "Games Started: 10, Games Finished:9" under the "Turns Played, Turns Missed" area of our profiles. Before we start a game can we check the other players' profiles & get an idea who we're playing with. I would only add that a "Started Game" is one that a player actually submitted a turn, not just peeked in on.
    Once that Started/Finished Ratio is available, then how hard would it be to have some games made accessable only to players with an 85% or greater number? Seems reasonable, would address the issue…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi!

Despite of some requests in the forum the exact mechanism of advanced cloning is still unclear. So I'm sorry if this bug report is wrong but I have indication that in "Gotti's Hideout Sector - Turn 33" (me as Klingon) advanced cloning didn't work. I have a full list which bases built and which not (also with fc and pbp-status) but can't post it here without revealing all my bases in this ongoing game. I can send the list via email on request. As an alternative you could give a description how advanced cloning should exactly work:
    - In…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Emork, thanks again for reporting this. There was in-fact a bug in the advanced cloning which prevented your ships from building properly. You were using it correctly.

I have fixed the bug and I’ve created a documentation page for advanced cloning: http://planets.nu/documentation/advanced-cloning

To answer your specific questions:
    1) Advanced cloning happens during Build 1
    2) pbX friendly codes will affect clones. If the starbase is set to build and you have advanced cloning on it will clone first.
    3) Advanced cloning does NOT work if regular cloning is disabled. (I am updating the documentation in the race advantages to be clear on this)

18. In the original planets.nu site when you select a ship hull it shows the stats and special features (cloaking, glory, improved cloaking, hyperjumping, etc) of the ship selected.

In the new (relatively speaking) play.planets.nu it does not show any of these Special features, it only shows the bare bones stats (size, engines, beams, etc) with no further information.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I like playing on the new Version 3.01 site play.planets.nu, but really miss Lord Helmet's user script:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/146137

Can this be added to the new site?

I quote: "This userscript shows the change in ship state (cargo, fuel, damage, crew etc) for the next turn according to its mission, waypoint, friendlycode, special abilities and so on.

Very helpful when using "mkt", Beaming up fuel, and several other missions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Like many people I have not played for a long time and figured my planets playing days were over. This site allows this great game to continue. Excellent work.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?