Skip to content

General

Help us improve by sharing ideas and voting for the best ones or entering bugs so we can track and fix them.

General

Categories

442 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As per discussion in thread http://planets.nu/#/activity/2749215
    Encourage new players to try out the game system using the EXCELLENT single player system instead of joining multi-player games and then dropping out. New players should start with zero tenacity, and earn tenacity rewards for completing the single player games

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please see this discussion for more details:

http://planets.nu/#/activity/3113463

Basically you need a ship of race x in Orbit and you set the Fcode of the planet to "gpx". After hostrun the planet with all bases and population will be owned by race x

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Graphic change for the Meteor Class Blockade Runner.

I enjoy playing the Privateers, and the MCBR is the main ship used for the race.

The graphic for the ship, looks off and not as detailed and refined as other ships for the other races.

Can the graphic of the ship be updated to reflect the sleek, stealthy starship that all Privateers love?

Thanks for the consideration.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I suggest that you have a rewards system that is based on the level of each race, to promote playing all the races.

For example, once you have all Sub-lieutenants for each race you get star-base money transfer, or starbase ION shield for all races or bonus resources for each race. Rewards each time you complete a level of rank across all races.

Summary:
    all races Sub-lieutenant + 100 of each mineral for each race
    all races lieutenant + 150 of each mineral for each race
    all races Commander + 200 of each mineral for each race
    etc.

Better yet…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Of course, this is one of those 'easier said than done' things, so bear with me - there's a bit to it.

This comes out of the recent forum discussion where a player rage-quit while alleging that his 'beginner' game was infiltrated by experienced players.

While I'm not sure that the player in question was necessarily right under the specific circumstances of his game, a few points emerged in that discussion:

(1) It is both permissible under the rules, and common practice, for experienced players to maintain 'alternate' accounts, at least for the purpose of play-testing strategies and game mechanics.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There should be a voting mechanism for assigning winners if a game ends early. The voted winners would get the regular winning achievement points based on their current planet count. They would get less achievement points by virtue of not having had as many planets/destruction score as they would have if they pressed the game further. So really, if everyone else agrees to end the game with them as winners they're doing everyone a favour by not dragging the game unnecessarily and they're getting less achievement points then having achieved the victory conditions.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Back in the old days of Tim Host, I would name my ships by area and and issue my ship orders in name order. Then I could issue orders to each group of ships more easily than having to progress down a list of widely scattered ships by ID number - hoping I remembered what I was trying to do in each small area when I got back to it. There is just no convenient way to do this in map mode without risking all sorts of possible errors.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As fun as the wasps are to fight against their ability to endlessly fling rocks is a PB boon but why not be able to tow those resources back to a planet to use back at them?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently, it is possible for a replacement player to enter a game, set all the ships to "gsx" and leave the game. When a player leaves a game in the same turn they enter it, the turn should be reset.

While this change would not remove the problem, it would make the exchange more visible to the other players, and give them a chance to respond.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We've all either run into or played things like Federation Biocides, Fascist Gorbies, etc. Not to put to fine a point on it, but they throw the game for a loop, combining factors that simply were not designed into a given race.

The campaign game only makes this worse, given the expansion of race-based abilities. But it also gives us the option to fix it.

This isn't about ship-based abilities. Stole a cloaker? Captured a Meteor? Traded for a Cobol? So be it... but that cloaker shouldn't have a crew bonus, that Meteor shouldn't have x2 beams, and that Cobol…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. At the moment you resign that's that, i suggest some options are made available to the departing player:

1) This race is still playable - but I can't anymore (open)
    2) This race is unplayable - I surrender it (dead)
    3) I have a replacement player (enter name here)

Player "name here" gets an email with a link to confirm that he wants to take over, if not clicked by next host (or 24h which ever is longest) then race goes to open.

Forum Thread: http://planets.nu/discussion/advanced-resigning

122 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would give certain posters to the forum feedback and might reduce spam/personal attacks/irrelevant threads/trolling etc.
    By voting with dislike, the disliked topic should not again go to the top of the page however.
    An additional add on which would even help to clear the forum from spams etc. would be to move down a thread if the like/dislike balance is too much shifted to the dislike (and else, move the topic more up, if there are more likes).

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, when a player is dropped after missing three turns, they receive the same Tenacity penalty as if they had resigned, but the actual hole in the game is much larger, and a replacement player is much less likely to want to take over.

This suggestion is to have an additional Tenacity penalty of 5-10 points for players who are dropped due to missed turns. This should apply to all Public games, including Academy. Blitz games might be appropriate to include as well.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Start some games where only non-premiumplayers can join.
    When premium players encounter non-premium players, it is very tempting to attack them. They often wont make strong allies, and are often much easier to take out.
    But it feels so wrong to just destroy a new player, before he or she get to experience the game. It may well mean they will leave the community, and never become premium members......

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There are known to be a few holes left in the Tenacity system. I've found one, and this thread discusses a possible solution to it. Comments on this suggestion are requested.

Problem: Users with little or no experience are entering games intended for experienced users, then resigning or being dropped. This unbalances the game for the remaining players. I know that this has happened with Team games (see http://planets.nu/#/sector/185114 for an example - 5 players dropped in a 12-player game), and I expect it has caused problems with other games.

Possible solution: Instead of starting new players with 100% Tenacity,…

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have default subscribed 'Forums', of which you can also unsubscribe from, and the rest require choosing to subscribe to them... specifically Off-Topic.

Please clean out 'garbage' forums like 'Halion' and 'Larrys chess club'

[Reddit Forum exists] https://www.reddit.com/r/PlanetsNu/

[Request invite from Olegboleg to join Slack] https://planetsnu.slack.com/

[Script to remove Activity Feed from side of profile] https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/21509-planets-nu-feedblock-script

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently, any player can express "Interest" in a game, even if that player could never actually "Join" the game. I believe the definition of "Interest" should be clarified. Currently, it appears to be "I'm interested in seeing this game run", but I believe it should be "I'm interested in playing in this game".

Most recently, this allowed a player into the Cancer war (a Championship game) with a low Tenacity, even though there's a Tenacity requirement of 100 on that game.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would love to see some kind of balancing factor put into place for the Torp Races, particularly the Feds, who seem to be left behind with the new PBP system and the inclusion of the Horwasp, against which they cannot ever defend or prevail. Fighter races already overpower the Torp races and now a knew, powerful race that requires carriers to fight seems a bit much.

Some kind of compensating factor would be nice.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As title says.

With the introduction of the Horwasp and the possibility of two different speeds per warp#, it is vital (to me at least) that the LY/turn be "noted". Having pods appear with existing notes makes things very difficult.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?